Here is my adaption and I can't stop munching on it.
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar (or real maple syrup)
3/4 cup plain applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cups whole almonds
½ cup slices almonds
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup golden raisins
½ unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, and spices.
- In separate bowl, whisk together sugar, applesauce, honey and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients along with the almonds and stir to combine.
- Spread on the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn over the granola using a spatula.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on pan, then break up the granola as desired. Add in dried fruits or chocolate at the end.