For some reason, I've been craving two things - French Pressed Coffee and something to dip in French Pressed Coffee! So I pulled out the ol' french press this passed weekend and made a yummy batch of coffee. It was great to sit on the couch Sunday morning and drink the heck of it. But I didn't have the dipper to go with it!
Problem Solved. Peanut Butter Biscotti.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Sugar For The Finishing Goodness
(P.S.In Joy the Baker's photos - she has French Pressed Coffee too!!)
Here's What Ya Do
- Preheat to 325* with the racks in the middle of the oven.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium size bowl, (mixer with paddle attachment) or use a good hand mixer and beat together butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat until its all mixed or there it is slightly fluffy in texture. (3-4 minutes). When mixes, stop the mixer and add egg and egg yolk. Beat on medium speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients, and beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Stop mixing and add pecans with a spatula
- The dough may be kinda dry, but that's OK.
- Divide the batter between the two baking sheets and shape dough into two logs.